Monday, October 28, 2013

Dawn Run 10-26-13

Puffing lungs and pumping legs push me up the hill
Searching eyes and swinging arms spur me onward still
Tight lungs and tired legs extending to press on
Careful eyes and cold arms warm and are rewarded

Frost-covered grass snaps;
ground crunches below.
Ice-burdened wind moves;
my hair whips behind.

Light blue hues chase dark blues center-ward
Bright yellow reaches over green points
Pink stretches south as orange heads north
White frost melts from the tops of the tents

Standing still and staring
Sighing softly, smiling
Sunrise stands and sings,
"No night lasts too long"



1 comment:

  1. Very nice, Susie! :D

    "Light blue hues chase dark blues center-ward"
    This is my favorite line, besides the ending. :) It's so pretty, and the color images easily come to mind for me.

    Thanks for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete