Sunday, October 13, 2013

To Me, There is Meaning

[this is a piece I did a while back to try and describe why little things affect us the way they do. Not sure if I nailed it, but these are things that I have done and felt. :) ]
To me, there is meaning in soaking up the sound of the lapping waves so I might hear it again when I am miles away. There is meaning in touching a wooden table in the hope of remembering how it felt. There is meaning in turning my head to catch one last glimpse of the place I am leaving so I'll have an imprint to study later.
To me, there is meaning in bringing the cup to my mouth before the drink has cooled so I might remember the taste of it when my tongue hurts. There is meaning in staring past the sun in the hope of seeing what it blocks. There is meaning in choosing to sit beside you so I can hear your words as the accompaniment to mine.
To me, there is meaning in smiling just a little wider in the hope it will brighten your day. There is meaning in studying the veins of a leaf so I might remember when I had no cares. There is meaning in pushing my feet ahead farther and faster so I can feel the wind against my cheek longer.
To me, there is meaning in anything that holds meaning for you. There is meaning in meaning alone when you need something to have meaning. There is meaning in temporary things for a temporary time and, if we're lucky, the meaning will last longer than the thing or action itself.
To me, there is meaning in believing that a moment is worth something beyond itself. There is meaning in what made the moment happen before we knew what meaning was. There is meaning in this life to reflect the meaning of the next life.

No comments:

Post a Comment